NOAA issues alert due to dolphin deaths in Gulf of Mexico
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has issued an alert to authorities because of several attacks on dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico.
Several dolphins have found dead caused by gun shots, cuts, and mutilations.
One dolphin was found near Gautier with a 9mm bullet wound.
“It went through the abdomen, into the kidneys and killed it,” said Moby Solangi, executive director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel