NOAA issues alert due to dolphin deaths in Gulf of Mexico
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has issued an alert to authorities because of several attacks on dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico.
Several dolphins have found dead caused by gun shots, cuts, and mutilations.
One dolphin was found near Gautier with a 9mm bullet wound.
“It went through the abdomen, into the kidneys and killed it,” said Moby Solangi, executive director of the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales