iPad mini thefts lead to JFK Airport employee arrest
It’s being described as a “Goodfellas” style heist after thieves stole about 3,600 Apple devices, worth $1.5 million, from a cargo building at John F. Kennedy Airport in New York earlier this week.
The FBI has arrested one JFK worker, Renel Rene Richardson. He acted as a lookout while two others loaded pallets of iPad minis onto a forklift and into a truck.
Since Richardson’s arrest brand new iPad minis have shown up for sale on Craisglist on Long Island. The FBI has not commented on the situation or stated if any more arrests have been made.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified