Driver charged with DUI in fatal crash in Virginia Beach
Thomas E Walker
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Chesapeake man has been charged with DUI and Involuntary Manslaughter after a fatal crash in Virginia Beach early Saturday morning.
32-year-old Thomas Eldon Walker is in jail without bond after police say
the 1996 Ford Taurus he was driving on Northwood Drive clipped a parked school bus.
His passenger, Ryan Matthew Ballard, was killed in the crash.
The Taurus continued down Northwood, striking a fire hydrant and finally stopping approximately 100 yards short of the intersection with Stoneshore Drive.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students