Driver charged with DUI in fatal crash in Virginia Beach
Thomas E Walker
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Chesapeake man has been charged with DUI and Involuntary Manslaughter after a fatal crash in Virginia Beach early Saturday morning.
32-year-old Thomas Eldon Walker is in jail without bond after police say
the 1996 Ford Taurus he was driving on Northwood Drive clipped a parked school bus.
His passenger, Ryan Matthew Ballard, was killed in the crash.
The Taurus continued down Northwood, striking a fire hydrant and finally stopping approximately 100 yards short of the intersection with Stoneshore Drive.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen