Student Athlete of the Week: Kyle Brinkley
Meet this week’s student athlete, Kyle Brinkley.
The Maury Commodore senior and team captain can keep his head held high. The two time eastern district all team member helped Maury secure a district title and advance to their third consecutive eastern regionals. What was he thinking when Great Bridge scored that final point?
“Actually, I just got really sad. Four years of volleyball playing, I was just like now it`s gone. I hope I can play in club or college or something, but definitely playing high school is the most fun thing I have done here,” says Kyle.
He especially likes the feeling of striking the ball.
“If it is a good set, my face is in it. I am just trying to slam it as hard as I can down there and if not, I just try to place it. But most of the time, I am just going to go for the slam. It is one of the most exhilarating feelings you can get. After the point, I get really happy I just killed that ball,” says Kyle.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury