Report: Slow readers can either miss recess or get face drawn on
DECLO, ID (CBS/KBOI) - A school district in Declo, Idaho confirmed if a child didn’t reach their reading goal they could either miss recess or have their face painted on.
Students were allowed to use markers to draw mustaches, goatees, and names on the faces of slower readers in the class.
The district’s superintendent says the fourth graders had a say in the decision, but parents are still divided on the issue. One parent says, “Not only was my son punished with bullying, but the other students were rewarded with bullying. They are being taught that bullying is ok and there is nothing wrong with this.”
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's