Police identify two men shot and killed overnight in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Police have identified the two people shot and killed overnight in Norfolk.
The victims have been identified as 23-year-old Antonio D. Reed of the 2400 block of East Princess Anne Road; and 25-year-old Shawn A. Ballard of the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue.
Police say the two victims knew each other.
It happened on Arkansas Avenue. Police were called just before 1 a.m. Friday morning.
Crews responded to a report of shots fired in the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue. When officers arrived, they found a victim suffering from gunshot wounds. Police say the victim is a man, who was outside in a vehicle in the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to police, crews found a second victim approximately 15 minutes after finding the fist victim. The second victim was found in an open lot near the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue. They say this victim was also male; he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police do not know what led to the shootings at this time.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
NewsChannel 3 is working to find more details. Right now, police continue to search for suspects.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home