Police identify two men shot and killed overnight in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Police have identified the two people shot and killed overnight in Norfolk.
The victims have been identified as 23-year-old Antonio D. Reed of the 2400 block of East Princess Anne Road; and 25-year-old Shawn A. Ballard of the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue.
Police say the two victims knew each other.
It happened on Arkansas Avenue. Police were called just before 1 a.m. Friday morning.
Crews responded to a report of shots fired in the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue. When officers arrived, they found a victim suffering from gunshot wounds. Police say the victim is a man, who was outside in a vehicle in the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
According to police, crews found a second victim approximately 15 minutes after finding the fist victim. The second victim was found in an open lot near the 2400 block of Arkansas Avenue. They say this victim was also male; he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police do not know what led to the shootings at this time.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
NewsChannel 3 is working to find more details. Right now, police continue to search for suspects.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'