Rudee Inlet recently dredged after Hurricane Sandy
Rudee Inlet, the man-made inlet along one of Virginia Beach’s shorelines, was recently dredged.
It’s all because of shoaling from Hurricane Sandy.
The dredging took six days and cost 80, 000 dollars.
Shoaling is the buildup of mounds of sand underwater that can snag boats.
The dredge arrived in Virginia Beach last Saturday and wrapped up today.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend