Rudee Inlet recently dredged after Hurricane Sandy
Rudee Inlet, the man-made inlet along one of Virginia Beach’s shorelines, was recently dredged.
It’s all because of shoaling from Hurricane Sandy.
The dredging took six days and cost 80, 000 dollars.
Shoaling is the buildup of mounds of sand underwater that can snag boats.
The dredge arrived in Virginia Beach last Saturday and wrapped up today.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains