Update: Woman dies head-on collision in Chesapeake
Update: Shillelagh Road is now open.
A 59-year-old Chesapeake woman was killed this morning after a vehicle crash along Shillelagh Road in Chesapeake.
According to Kelly O’Sullivan with the Chesapeake Police Department, it happened in the 2300 block of Shillelagh Road around 8:30 a.m. Thursday morning.
Police say the two vehicles hit head on. One of the vehicles was an Isuzu Rodeo that was traveling NB and was occupied by an 18-year-old female driver and a 15-year-old female passenger.
The other vehicle was a Chrysler minivan traveling southbound.
Police say the driver and the passenger of the Isuzu were transported with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the minivan was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim has been identified as Ruth Ann MacQueen of the 2200 block of Shillelagh Road.
The two teens are students at Grassfield High School.
NewsChannel 3 has also confirmed that there was a small dog inside the vehicle of the woman who passed away; the dog survived.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage