City council agrees on deal for Waterside
NewsChannel 3 learns new details about the future of waterside in Downtown Norfolk.
A thousand new jobs will be created by the redevelopment under the new deal city council just agreed on.
According to the city, they will make an estimated 93 million dollars over the next 30 years off the changes.
The idea is to make the waterside location into a “premier urban waterfront park” according to the city.
Now the Cordish idea of a live entertainment and restaurant venue was chosen over a hotel and convention center idea.
So far no date for construction or completion have been announced.
Waterside live will be a 28 million dollar investment.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder