City council agrees on deal for Waterside
NewsChannel 3 learns new details about the future of waterside in Downtown Norfolk.
A thousand new jobs will be created by the redevelopment under the new deal city council just agreed on.
According to the city, they will make an estimated 93 million dollars over the next 30 years off the changes.
The idea is to make the waterside location into a “premier urban waterfront park” according to the city.
Now the Cordish idea of a live entertainment and restaurant venue was chosen over a hotel and convention center idea.
So far no date for construction or completion have been announced.
Waterside live will be a 28 million dollar investment.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified