Smithfield Foods to lay off over 400 workers
More than 400 people will soon be laid off in Portsmouth.
Smithfield Foods is shutting down their plant next year.
According to a government website, the layoffs from the hot dog plant will start in January.
Smithfield previously announced they were closing the plant and moving production to North Carolina.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations