Gilmerton Bridge to close this weekend
CHESAPEAKE - VDOT crews will close the Gilmerton Bridge (Route 13/Military Highway) in Chesapeake to all vehicular traffic this weekend from Friday, Nov. 16, at 8 p.m. through Monday, Nov. 19 at 5 a.m., for construction activities relating to the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project.
The bridge closure will not affect marine traffic.
Motorists should be advised that the Gilmerton Bridge is also closed weeknights, Sunday through Thursday, closing each night at 8 p.m. and opening each morning by 5 a.m.
Motorists are encouraged to use the Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge or the Interstate 264 Downtown Tunnel as alternate routes during the bridge closures.
Additionally, the new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as an alternate toll route. For more information about this new option, visit http://www.snjb.net/.
General information about the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project can be found at www.GilmertonBridge.org.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified