4-wheel drive access on Pea Island re-opens
Four-wheel drive access on Pea Island along N.C. 12 is open again, following closure due to ocean overwash Wednesday morning.
Officials say access is expected to be closed intermittently during upcoming storms, and could occur with very little advance notice due to rapidly changing weather conditions.
If you plan to drive in this area, please be sure to call 511 or go to the department’s travel information website to check on road conditions before you head out.
Officials warn those with 4-wheel drive to expect a “rough” ride.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it