4-wheel drive access on Pea Island re-opens
Four-wheel drive access on Pea Island along N.C. 12 is open again, following closure due to ocean overwash Wednesday morning.
Officials say access is expected to be closed intermittently during upcoming storms, and could occur with very little advance notice due to rapidly changing weather conditions.
If you plan to drive in this area, please be sure to call 511 or go to the department’s travel information website to check on road conditions before you head out.
Officials warn those with 4-wheel drive to expect a “rough” ride.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Councilman questions colleague, 'You should be on the side of black folks'