4-wheel drive access on Pea Island re-opens
Four-wheel drive access on Pea Island along N.C. 12 is open again, following closure due to ocean overwash Wednesday morning.
Officials say access is expected to be closed intermittently during upcoming storms, and could occur with very little advance notice due to rapidly changing weather conditions.
If you plan to drive in this area, please be sure to call 511 or go to the department’s travel information website to check on road conditions before you head out.
Officials warn those with 4-wheel drive to expect a “rough” ride.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales