Former I.C. Norcom teacher found guilty of child sex crimes
Portsmouth, Va. – A former Portsmouth high school teacher was just found guilty of child sex crimes.
Clarence Skyes will serve five years for each of the taking indecent liberties with a minor charge.
Police say the incidents happened when the former I.C. Norcom High School music teacher was visiting Portsmouth.
The victim, who is now 46, came forward earlier this year.
Police say Sykes confessed to acting inappropriately with nearly a dozen other boys, but those incidents were in Lynchburg.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel