Former I.C. Norcom teacher found guilty of child sex crimes
Portsmouth, Va. – A former Portsmouth high school teacher was just found guilty of child sex crimes.
Clarence Skyes will serve five years for each of the taking indecent liberties with a minor charge.
Police say the incidents happened when the former I.C. Norcom High School music teacher was visiting Portsmouth.
The victim, who is now 46, came forward earlier this year.
Police say Sykes confessed to acting inappropriately with nearly a dozen other boys, but those incidents were in Lynchburg.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation