Crews work to remove grounded tug and barge in Norfolk, two rescued
The Coast Guard is responding to a grounded 26-foot tug and 60-foot barge near Ocean View in Norfolk.
The Coast Guard was notified at around 9 a.m. that the construction tug and barge were aground with two people aboard.
The Virginia Beach and Norfolk Fire Departments responded to assist the crewmembers aboard by providing first aid and transport to an awaiting ambulance crew.
The barge is carrying dredge equipment.
The cause of the grounding is under investigation, and there are no signs of pollution officials say.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified