Crews work to remove grounded tug and barge in Norfolk, two rescued
The Coast Guard is responding to a grounded 26-foot tug and 60-foot barge near Ocean View in Norfolk.
The Coast Guard was notified at around 9 a.m. that the construction tug and barge were aground with two people aboard.
The Virginia Beach and Norfolk Fire Departments responded to assist the crewmembers aboard by providing first aid and transport to an awaiting ambulance crew.
The barge is carrying dredge equipment.
The cause of the grounding is under investigation, and there are no signs of pollution officials say.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel