Toys R Us to open early on Thanksgiving
NEW YORK (CNNMoney/By Annalyn Kurtz) — Toys R Us is joining the slew of stores that will open increasingly early this Thanksgiving.
The toy store chain will open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 22. Last year, Toys R Us opened at 9 p.m.
The deals start with more than 200 doorbusters, including a free $20 store gift card and $30 iTunes card with the purchase of an Apple iPod touch.
Toys R Us is working especially hard to promote its electronics, including Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Wii U software, Samsung Galaxy tablets and its very own $150 tablet for kids, called the Tabeo. From Thursday to Saturday, the stores will offer “buy one, get one for $1″ on select video game titles.
Meanwhile, Furby is back this year, and Lego is expected to be a big seller as usual. Doc McStuffins dolls, modeled after a Disney character who heals toys, are already flying off the shelves.
Following retailers like Kmart and Wal-Mart, Toys R Us is offering free layaway plans, where customers can reserve a toy online or in stores and pay it off over time.
Wal-Mart stores will also open at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and Sears will roll out its holiday deals on November 18 — five days earlier than usual.
™ & © 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel