Norfolk police increase patrol in Ghent area
Norfolk police are taking action against crime with more patrols in Ghent.
An increase in crime in Ghent has police increasing patrols starting Monday.
Instead of the normal eight-hour shift, officers will now have to work 12-hour shifts.
There will also be two officers assigned to each patrol car.
Norfolk police say there will also be more bike patrols in the area.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery