Group takes action to raise money to send care packages to troops
Wendy Childers, the mother of a fallen Chesapeake Marine and founder of LCpl. Cody S. Childers Memorial Fund, is partnering with Chick-fil-A at Edinburgh Commons in Chesapeake to raise money for the LCpl. Cody S. Childers Memorial Fund.
Right now, the fundraiser is specifically focusing on getting supplies to stuff Christmas boxes for our troops.
The memorial fund will receive a percentage of the restaurant’s sales for today, (Veterans Day) plus, the money they raise from selling t-shirts and from raffles.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time