Group takes action to raise money to send care packages to troops
Wendy Childers, the mother of a fallen Chesapeake Marine and founder of LCpl. Cody S. Childers Memorial Fund, is partnering with Chick-fil-A at Edinburgh Commons in Chesapeake to raise money for the LCpl. Cody S. Childers Memorial Fund.
Right now, the fundraiser is specifically focusing on getting supplies to stuff Christmas boxes for our troops.
The memorial fund will receive a percentage of the restaurant’s sales for today, (Veterans Day) plus, the money they raise from selling t-shirts and from raffles.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize