Family mourns death of teen killed on Saturday
On Saturday, 18-year-old Deonta Cartwright was gunned down after witnesses say he was leaving a house party.
His family and friends stood at the very intersection where he died.
Hymns, sobs and flickering candles set the somber tone on Butt Street.
Cartwright’s family wants justice for his murder, and his uncle had a message for whoever pulled the trigger.
Police are still working this case and want you to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP if you know anything.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket