Fatal shooting at a Chesapeake house party
Police were called to the 900 block of Butt St in the South Norfolk section of Chesapeake, to a call of multiple shots fired shortly before 2:00am Saturday.
Officers found 18-year-old Deonta Cartwright inside of a residence suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses say he was there attending a house party.
Police say there is no suspect information at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up, or text “CHESTIP” with information to CRIMES (274637).
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million