Fatal shooting at a Chesapeake house party
Police were called to the 900 block of Butt St in the South Norfolk section of Chesapeake, to a call of multiple shots fired shortly before 2:00am Saturday.
Officers found 18-year-old Deonta Cartwright inside of a residence suffering from a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Witnesses say he was there attending a house party.
Police say there is no suspect information at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up, or text “CHESTIP” with information to CRIMES (274637).
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder