Paving operations this weekend on I-664 South
SUFFOLK –Crews with the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will close the left lane of Interstate 664 south, between College Drive and Dock Landing Road to perform asphalt overlay work. Work will begin on Sunday, Nov. 11, at 5 a.m. and will continue until Monday, Nov. 12, at 6 a.m.
With the early onset of unseasonably cool weather, crews have been unable to perform the asphalt overlay. Forecasts predict warmer weather this weekend, and due to the roadway surface temperature requirements of 50 degrees or warmer for this specialty asphalt overlay, the opportunity presents itself for crews to complete the asphalt work. In addition, completing this work now will avoid future deterioration during multiple freeze thaw cycles in the winter months that could potentially cause potholes.
Crews will continue operations next week on the mainline and some ramps if the temperatures remain at 50 degrees or warmer. This work will occur Monday, Nov. 12, through Thursday, Nov. 15, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. The work will continue as weather permits.
VDOT crews will closely monitor traffic volumes and should an unreasonable traffic queue result, crews will be directed to safe up the work zone and open all lanes to traffic.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected