Event today in Chesapeake to support troops, fallen heroes
Wendy Childers, the mother of a fallen Chesapeake Marine and founder of LCpl. Cody S. Childers Memorial Fund, is partnering with Chick-fil-A at Edinburgh Commons in Chesapeake to raise money for the LCpl. Cody S. Childers Memorial Fund.
Right now, the fundraiser is specifically focusing on getting supplies to stuff Christmas boxes for our troops.
The memorial fund will receive a percentage of the restaurant’s sales for Monday, (Veterans Day) plus, the money they raise from selling t-shirts and from raffles.
NewsChannel 3 has followed her journey every step of the way. After one year of hard work, Wendy turned the memorial fund into a non-profit organization. Her mission is to continue to send care packages as long as we have troops at war.
Support our troops and fallen heroes on Monday! Event Details: wgnt.com/2012/11/09/chi…—
Holly Lynne Henry (@mediaholly) November 09, 2012
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel