NCDOT gearing up to fix Highway 12
NCDOT is taking action to get Highway 12 repaired quickly. They’ve awarded contracts to two companies who will handle the repairs.
Sand and water covered parts of the road after Hurricane Sandy went through.
The damage wasn’t as bad as when Hurricane Irene hit.
One company will fix the pavement and dunes in Kitty Hawk and Pea Island.
The other company will repair tension cables in the Bonner Bridge.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million