Loved ones welcome home sailors from the USS Enterprise Strike Group
Families welcomed their sailors home Sunday as the USS Enterprise strike group returned home to Naval Station Norfolk.
The USS Enterprise is the nation’s oldest active duty warship, the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier and a history-making symbol of America’s naval might for half a century.
This was the last deployment for the 51-year-old Enterprise, which will be retired and cut up for scrap metal soon.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales