Loved ones welcome home sailors from the USS Enterprise Strike Group
Families welcomed their sailors home Sunday as the USS Enterprise strike group returned home to Naval Station Norfolk.
The USS Enterprise is the nation’s oldest active duty warship, the first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier and a history-making symbol of America’s naval might for half a century.
This was the last deployment for the 51-year-old Enterprise, which will be retired and cut up for scrap metal soon.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations