2 people die in Virginia Beach car crashes
In Virginia Beach, two people were killed in car crashes this weekend.
On Sunday, police say 20-year-old Grant Forbes was killed when he lost control of his SUV in the 1600 block of Princess Anne Road. The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning. We’re told he veered into oncoming traffic, then hit a parked car before his truck flipped over on its hood. Police say speed was a factor and that Forbes was not wearing a seat belt.
On Saturday, police say a woman was killed at the intersection of E. Sparrow and Pinecrest Roads. This happened around 9 p.m. Saturday night. Police say Linda Gray somehow lost control of her SUV and slammed head-on into a tree. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Speed also appears to be the cause of this crash.
NewsChannel 3 will provide updates as they are available. Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for more.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS