2 people die in Virginia Beach car crashes
In Virginia Beach, two people were killed in car crashes this weekend.
On Sunday, police say 20-year-old Grant Forbes was killed when he lost control of his SUV in the 1600 block of Princess Anne Road. The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. Sunday morning. We’re told he veered into oncoming traffic, then hit a parked car before his truck flipped over on its hood. Police say speed was a factor and that Forbes was not wearing a seat belt.
On Saturday, police say a woman was killed at the intersection of E. Sparrow and Pinecrest Roads. This happened around 9 p.m. Saturday night. Police say Linda Gray somehow lost control of her SUV and slammed head-on into a tree. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Speed also appears to be the cause of this crash.
NewsChannel 3 will provide updates as they are available. Watch NewsChannel 3 at Noon for more.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly