Weekday priority for Hatteras residents on emergency ferries begins Monday
Beginning Monday, priority boarding will be given to Hatteras Island residents traveling weekdays on the Emergency Ferry Service between Stumpy Point and Rodanthe.
Priority boarding for residents will be done Monday through Friday and requires a driver’s license with a Hatteras Island address. The weekday priority will be given to residents boarding on either side of the emergency ferry route behind vehicles with essential commodities, recovery supplies, and those with medical priorities, as determined by Dare County Emergency Management and NCDOT.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales