USS Norfolk returns to Naval Station Norfolk
The USS Norfolk returned to Naval Station Norfolk on Saturday.
Families eagerly awaited their homecoming Saturday morning after a six month deployment. The submarine is returning from the European Command Area. According to the Navy, the USS Norfolk left on May 1st, traveling more than 30,000 nautical miles to ports in Israel, Cyprus, Bahrain, and Diego Garcia.
“I think the whole crew is looking forward to some time off with their families. We get about a month here before we hit it again and start getting ready for the next deployment”, said Commander Greg Zettler.
The USS Norfolk was commissioned in 1983. It’s the third naval ship to be named in honor of the city of Norfolk.
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Accident involving school bus reported near Oceana Blvd.