Hanging Obama doll angers North Carolina, Hampton Roads residents
A photo is outraging people in North Carolina and parts of Hampton Roads.
It depicts a life-size doll that resembles President Obama hanging from a noose. We’ve been getting emails about it from some of our viewers, after reports surfaced online that the doll was hanging at or near a Shell gas station in Gloucester or Virginia Beach, but we’ve learned from Shell the doll may have actually been near one of their stations in Raleigh, North Carolina.
We took action and contacted Shell. This was their response:
“This is the action of one individual who is not affiliated with Shell or any of our wholesalers or dealers. Shell does not condone actions or displays of this nature nor has any Shell station or wholesaler authorized, condoned, or supported this display at their Shell branded location.”
Shell says it has notified law enforcement about the photo.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified