Update: Storm debris pick-up for Dare County
Here is an update on debris clean-up for Dare County residents:
Storm debris pick-up for the unincorporated areas includes all of Hatteras Island, Manteo outside, Wanchese, Manns Harbor, East Lake, Stumpy Point, Martins Point, and Colington (including inside the gate):
Storm debris should be placed on the side of the road for pick up. Debris should be placed in four separate piles:
1. Vegetative Debris (limbs, leaves, branches, sea grass, etc.)
2. Construction and Demolition Materials (building materials, concrete, shingles, etc.)
4. Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics (oil, bleach, toilet cleaner, televisions, computers, etc.)
Debris taken to the Dare County Transfer Station in Manns Harbor will be charged the usual tipping fee of $65/ton. The same applies for the Buxton Transfer Station.
The brush yard site located at 1018 Driftwood Drive in Manteo is closed for vegetative drop off until further notice. This site is open for recycling purposes only.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video