Update: Storm debris pick-up for Dare County
Here is an update on debris clean-up for Dare County residents:
Storm debris pick-up for the unincorporated areas includes all of Hatteras Island, Manteo outside, Wanchese, Manns Harbor, East Lake, Stumpy Point, Martins Point, and Colington (including inside the gate):
Storm debris should be placed on the side of the road for pick up. Debris should be placed in four separate piles:
1. Vegetative Debris (limbs, leaves, branches, sea grass, etc.)
2. Construction and Demolition Materials (building materials, concrete, shingles, etc.)
4. Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics (oil, bleach, toilet cleaner, televisions, computers, etc.)
Debris taken to the Dare County Transfer Station in Manns Harbor will be charged the usual tipping fee of $65/ton. The same applies for the Buxton Transfer Station.
The brush yard site located at 1018 Driftwood Drive in Manteo is closed for vegetative drop off until further notice. This site is open for recycling purposes only.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen