Update: Storm debris pick-up for Dare County
Here is an update on debris clean-up for Dare County residents:
Storm debris pick-up for the unincorporated areas includes all of Hatteras Island, Manteo outside, Wanchese, Manns Harbor, East Lake, Stumpy Point, Martins Point, and Colington (including inside the gate):
Storm debris should be placed on the side of the road for pick up. Debris should be placed in four separate piles:
1. Vegetative Debris (limbs, leaves, branches, sea grass, etc.)
2. Construction and Demolition Materials (building materials, concrete, shingles, etc.)
4. Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics (oil, bleach, toilet cleaner, televisions, computers, etc.)
Debris taken to the Dare County Transfer Station in Manns Harbor will be charged the usual tipping fee of $65/ton. The same applies for the Buxton Transfer Station.
The brush yard site located at 1018 Driftwood Drive in Manteo is closed for vegetative drop off until further notice. This site is open for recycling purposes only.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?