Yes, you can take your ‘Golden Pet’ home for free!
Every senior animal deserves to live out their golden years, months, weeks or even days in a place of love, security and peace. Senior pets are a great option for those that want an animal to instantly become a loving member of the family, according to VBSPCA officials. Most senior animals have had the experience of living with a family before, and come trained in many ways. A senior animal is more likely to tolerate handling and human interaction and comes with a confidence of being content to “be who he is” in any given situation.
The public worries that adopting a senior animal will not give them the years desired to bond and love the animal. Many pets seven years and older can live healthy active lives with the proper care in ownership, love, and affection that families provide. Bonding with an adopted senior can also leave an indelible impression on those who open up their hearts, homes, and lives to a quiet, mature love.
To adopt a senior animal, please contact the Virginia Beach SPCA at (757) 427-0070 and ask about the “Never Too Old to Fall in Love” promotion.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call