Yes, you can take your ‘Golden Pet’ home for free!
Every senior animal deserves to live out their golden years, months, weeks or even days in a place of love, security and peace. Senior pets are a great option for those that want an animal to instantly become a loving member of the family, according to VBSPCA officials. Most senior animals have had the experience of living with a family before, and come trained in many ways. A senior animal is more likely to tolerate handling and human interaction and comes with a confidence of being content to “be who he is” in any given situation.
The public worries that adopting a senior animal will not give them the years desired to bond and love the animal. Many pets seven years and older can live healthy active lives with the proper care in ownership, love, and affection that families provide. Bonding with an adopted senior can also leave an indelible impression on those who open up their hearts, homes, and lives to a quiet, mature love.
To adopt a senior animal, please contact the Virginia Beach SPCA at (757) 427-0070 and ask about the “Never Too Old to Fall in Love” promotion.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth