Report: New York Marathon is on for Sunday, mayor says
Amid growing questions about whether the New York City Marathon should be held days after Hurricane Sandy left so much devastation in its wake, mayor Michael Bloomberg said: “The marathon will go on.” That’s according to a report posted to www.freep.com.
Bloomberg said Wednesday that given the tens of thousands of visitors expected, the restoration of power, the reopening of Central Park where the race ends, the improving conditions of the course’s main roads, and the event’s economic and emotional impact, the race will be run.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales