Report: New York Marathon is on for Sunday, mayor says
Amid growing questions about whether the New York City Marathon should be held days after Hurricane Sandy left so much devastation in its wake, mayor Michael Bloomberg said: “The marathon will go on.” That’s according to a report posted to www.freep.com.
Bloomberg said Wednesday that given the tens of thousands of visitors expected, the restoration of power, the reopening of Central Park where the race ends, the improving conditions of the course’s main roads, and the event’s economic and emotional impact, the race will be run.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'