Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry routes have resumed for residents, airport open
Routes on the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry have resumed, observing limited runs. Only Ocracoke residents are allowed to ride the ferry to Hatteras. Riders must produce identification with an Ocracoke address.
The Hatteras-Ocracoke schedule will be:
* Departing Hatteras at 6 a.m., 8, 10, noon, 2 p.m., 4, 6, 8, 10 and midnight; and
* Departing Ocracoke at 5 a.m., 7, 9, 11, 1 p.m., 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.
NC DOT has opened one lane of traffic for NC 12 on the north end of Ocracoke. Drivers are asked to proceed with caution due to DOT equipment and personnel on the road.
The NOTAM (Notice to all air men) for Ocracoke airport was lifted at 1 p.m. The facility is now open to all air traffic.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS