Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry routes have resumed for residents, airport open
Routes on the Hatteras-Ocracoke ferry have resumed, observing limited runs. Only Ocracoke residents are allowed to ride the ferry to Hatteras. Riders must produce identification with an Ocracoke address.
The Hatteras-Ocracoke schedule will be:
* Departing Hatteras at 6 a.m., 8, 10, noon, 2 p.m., 4, 6, 8, 10 and midnight; and
* Departing Ocracoke at 5 a.m., 7, 9, 11, 1 p.m., 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.
NC DOT has opened one lane of traffic for NC 12 on the north end of Ocracoke. Drivers are asked to proceed with caution due to DOT equipment and personnel on the road.
The NOTAM (Notice to all air men) for Ocracoke airport was lifted at 1 p.m. The facility is now open to all air traffic.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth