Coast Guard continues to search for missing captain of HMS Bounty
The Coast Guard is still continuing their search efforts for the missing captain from the HMS Bounty.
The ship lost power while at sea Sunday evening. The HMS Bounty sunk in the wake of Hurricane Sandy 90 miles southeast of Hatteras, N.C. The ship was about 160 miles from the center of the storm when the crew attempted to board rescue boats, according to reports
Crews say the primary vessel searching was the Coast Guard Cutter Elm from Atlantic Beach, NC. They have been searching since Monday morning.
An C130 aircraft from Elizabeth City has been searching today and this evening.
The Coast Guard Cutter Galatin assisted in the search starting at 3 pm and will carry it through the evening.
At 5 am, a C130 from Clearwater and another C130 from Elizabeth City will be searching tomorrow.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Who would bully military wives online?