HRT to suspend services at 6 pm
Duke and Olney - Ghent
Norfolk, Va.- Hampton Roads Transit will suspend all bus and light rail service this evening at 6 p.m.
A release from HRT says flooding in numerous low-lying areas has made the operating environment difficult to provide reliable transit services across the region.
Normal transit services will resume Tuesday.
Ferry service will remain locked down for the remainder of the day. It was halted earlier because of flooding at the North Landing dock.
HRT has begun drawing down bus service across the region in response to regional tidal and storm flooding caused by Hurricane Sandy. Light rail service currently exists between Norfolk State University and Newtown Road stations.
Customers in need of route information are asked to call 222-6150.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home