Crews to restore Jamestown-Scotland Ferry at reduced service
Here is an update from VDOT:
SURRY - The Jamestown-Scotland Ferry (JSF) will resume service, but operate on a reduced schedule, beginning at 3 a.m., today, Oct. 29, 2012. At this time, only the Pocahontas, the largest ferry boat in the Jamestown-Scotland fleet, will run until further notice. The operating ferry will depart the Surry dock on the hour and the Jamestown dock on the half hour.
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) temporarily suspended service at 10 p.m., on Sunday, Oct. 28, 2012, due to high waters preventing the loading ramps on the docks from safely being raised and lowered onto the ferry boats.
Motorists are encouraged to call the ferry hotline, 24-hours a day 1-800-VAFERRY for updates.
With current forecasted weather conditions, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will continue to monitor all bridges, tunnels and roadways throughout the district and report closure and road blockages as this information becomes available.
Current road condition information:
- Call 511 or the Hampton Roads Traffic Line at 757-361-3016
- Highway Helpline at 1-800-367-ROAD (1-800-367-7623)
- 1680AM Highway Advisory Radio (in Hampton Roads)
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom