11AM Update: Sandy gains strength again
11AM Update… Sandy gains strength again and now has sustained winds of 90 mph. Sandy is centered about 205 miles SE of Atlantic City, NJ and moving NNW at 18 mph. Sandy will continue to turn northwest later today. The center of the storm will likely make landfall tonight in southern New Jersey.
We will continue to have heavy rain, tropical storm strength winds, and tidal flooding. As Sandy moves up the coast we will tend to see less rain farther south and more rain north. Wind gusts will continue to reach into 60mph range, especially for the Eastern Shore. Conditions for everyone will gradually improve through Tuesday.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize