11AM Update: Sandy gains strength again
11AM Update… Sandy gains strength again and now has sustained winds of 90 mph. Sandy is centered about 205 miles SE of Atlantic City, NJ and moving NNW at 18 mph. Sandy will continue to turn northwest later today. The center of the storm will likely make landfall tonight in southern New Jersey.
We will continue to have heavy rain, tropical storm strength winds, and tidal flooding. As Sandy moves up the coast we will tend to see less rain farther south and more rain north. Wind gusts will continue to reach into 60mph range, especially for the Eastern Shore. Conditions for everyone will gradually improve through Tuesday.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested