Norfolk announces post-Sandy cleanup procedures
Norfolk, Va. - The Norfolk Department of Public Works plans to resume regular household trash and recycling collection for debris from Sandy on Tuesday.
Residents are encouraged to place their trash, recycling and bulk waste at the curb by 7:00 a.m. Please separate trash into distinct piles for yard waste and for construction and debris as follows:
- Household garbage in green trash cans
- Recycling in blue cans
- Building debris and related material
- Leaves and grass clippings to be placed in clear bags – do not place leaves in curb line
- Tree limbs (bundle and tie tree limbs longer than 4 feet, 6 inches in diameter). For tree limbs larger than this diameter, the homeowner must make arrangements with a private hauler.
Overflow trash, such as food waste that will not fit in the trash can, should be placed in dark plastic bags, tied off and placed inside a 90-gallon can.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains