Two Fort Bragg soldiers killed in Afghanistan
The Pentagon has released the names of two Fort Bragg solderis killed in Afghanistan.
They died of wounds suffered Oct. 25 when their unit was attacked by small arms fire in Khas Uruzgan, Oruzgan Province, Afghanistan.
Staff Sgt. Kashif M. Memon, 31, of Houston, Texas was assigned to the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne), 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
Sgt. Clinton K. Ruiz, 22, of Murrieta, Calif. was assigned to the 9th Military Information Support Battalion (Airborne), 8th Military Information Support Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified