11AM Update: Sandy’s effects will be felt through at least Tuesday
11AM Update: While the official track from the National Hurricane Center keeps the center of Sandy offshore, regardless, this storm is big and we will feel its effects through at least Tuesday.
We are expecting anywhere between 6 and 10 inches of rain in portions of the viewing area along with wind gusts to 60 mph on Sunday and Monday, which could bring down tree limbs and power lines.
We’re also anticipating significant beach erosion and serious flooding in flood-prone areas
around the times of high tide.
Sandy continues to have sustained winds of 75 mph and tropical storm force winds extend 450 miles from the center of the storm.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million