James River Bridge grid deck work cancelled for this weekend
ISLE OF WIGHT – The James River Bridge Grid Replacement Deck work scheduled for this weekend, Friday, Oct. 26, through Monday, Oct. 29, has been cancelled due to the weather forecast calling for tropical storm winds and heavy rain.
Originally, crews were going to work this weekend and attempt to complete some grid deck replacement activities. However, with the uncertainty of the forecast and the impending arrival of Hurricane Sandy, crews have decided to cancel all work for this weekend.
The work scheduled for this weekend was a continuation of the ongoing work to replace the southbound grid deck. VDOT crews will reschedule the work for the weekend of Nov. 2, 2012.
At least six additional weekend lane closures will be required to complete all of the bridge work, and the weekend, single-lane closures will continue through mid-December.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend