Taking Action Against Crime: Couple accused of ripping off local banks
Police say a couple is working together to rip off local banks.
Theodore Chapman and Princess Suarez are accused of getting away with hundreds of dollars in a fraud scheme.
Investigators say it started at the AB & B Bank on Greenbrier Parkway.
Then, investigators say the couple made counterfeit payroll checks and filled them out, but they found a way to connect the checks to a real account.
Investigators say Chapman and Suarez got away with over $1, 000 by depositing these bogus checks into their account.
And police say this isn’t the first time Chapman has been accused of fraud.
Chesapeake circuit court records show Chapman was charged with similar crimes in 2009.
He eventually pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for obtaining identifying information.
If you know anything that could help police with this case, please call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found