Report: Death penalty request delayed until after election
The San Mateo County District Attorney requested that a judge set an execution date for Robert Green Fairbank until after November 6.
That’s when California voters will decide if the death penalty will stand.
Fairbank was convicted of the torture and murder of a young graduate student 27 years ago.
California executions have been on hold for years while the courts wrangle with the question of cruel and unusual punishment.
Fairbank’s hearing was reset for November 16th at which time the question may be pointless.
What do you think about the judge delaying Fairbank’s execution date?
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'