Report: Death penalty request delayed until after election
The San Mateo County District Attorney requested that a judge set an execution date for Robert Green Fairbank until after November 6.
That’s when California voters will decide if the death penalty will stand.
Fairbank was convicted of the torture and murder of a young graduate student 27 years ago.
California executions have been on hold for years while the courts wrangle with the question of cruel and unusual punishment.
Fairbank’s hearing was reset for November 16th at which time the question may be pointless.
What do you think about the judge delaying Fairbank’s execution date?
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea