Report: Death penalty request delayed until after election
The San Mateo County District Attorney requested that a judge set an execution date for Robert Green Fairbank until after November 6.
That’s when California voters will decide if the death penalty will stand.
Fairbank was convicted of the torture and murder of a young graduate student 27 years ago.
California executions have been on hold for years while the courts wrangle with the question of cruel and unusual punishment.
Fairbank’s hearing was reset for November 16th at which time the question may be pointless.
What do you think about the judge delaying Fairbank’s execution date?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found