Report: Death penalty request delayed until after election
The San Mateo County District Attorney requested that a judge set an execution date for Robert Green Fairbank until after November 6.
That’s when California voters will decide if the death penalty will stand.
Fairbank was convicted of the torture and murder of a young graduate student 27 years ago.
California executions have been on hold for years while the courts wrangle with the question of cruel and unusual punishment.
Fairbank’s hearing was reset for November 16th at which time the question may be pointless.
What do you think about the judge delaying Fairbank’s execution date?
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested