Report: Death penalty request delayed until after election
The San Mateo County District Attorney requested that a judge set an execution date for Robert Green Fairbank until after November 6.
That’s when California voters will decide if the death penalty will stand.
Fairbank was convicted of the torture and murder of a young graduate student 27 years ago.
California executions have been on hold for years while the courts wrangle with the question of cruel and unusual punishment.
Fairbank’s hearing was reset for November 16th at which time the question may be pointless.
What do you think about the judge delaying Fairbank’s execution date?
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified