Light rail study approved in Norfolk
The Norfolk city council will look into extending light rail.
At Tuesday’s meeting, the final vote was 6 to 1.
The passed resolution means an extension to Naval Station Norfolk will be studied. Members also officially endorsed Virginia Beach to continue looking at the Tide.
But some in Hampton Roads think more needs to be done.
On November 6th, Virginia Beach voters will decide if they’ll let their city leaders explore bringing light rail to the Beach.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods