Norfolk-bound Carnival Glory cruise ship changes plans due to Hurricane Sandy
Hurricane Sandy is throwing a wrench in vacation plans.
The Carnival Glory cruise ship left Norfolk Monday. Passengers were headed for a six-day cruise to the Bahamas.
But now that Sandy is headed in the same direction, the ship will only be in the Bahamas for one day.
The ship will dock in Florida later tonight. Carnival officials say the goal is to keep the ship 150 miles away from the storm.
The plan is to be back in Norfolk on Sunday.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk