Norfolk-bound Carnival Glory cruise ship changes plans due to Hurricane Sandy
Hurricane Sandy is throwing a wrench in vacation plans.
The Carnival Glory cruise ship left Norfolk Monday. Passengers were headed for a six-day cruise to the Bahamas.
But now that Sandy is headed in the same direction, the ship will only be in the Bahamas for one day.
The ship will dock in Florida later tonight. Carnival officials say the goal is to keep the ship 150 miles away from the storm.
The plan is to be back in Norfolk on Sunday.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested