Parents sue Chicago hospital after doctors declare son dead
A Chicago hospital is being sued after doctors declared an 8-year-old boy dead. Jaylen Dorsey’s parents said they were just going along with what doctors told them, until they saw his eyes open, according to CBS News.
The lawsuit, filed this week, accuses Mercy Hospital and Medical Center of negligence and alleges that nearly five hours passed before staff agreed to perform a cardiac ultrasound, which showed Jaylen Dorsey’s heart was beating.
“You didn’t have to be a doctor to see that the heart was pumping blood,” the boy’s father, Pink Dorsey, said at a news conference Friday.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time