Inmates found guilty of helping man escape from Chesapeake jail
Three inmates were found guilty of helping another inmate escape.
Travis Christian and Thomas Evan pleaded guilty yesterday.
The third inmate, Michael Darnell, pleaded not guilty, but a judge ruled against him.
Police say the trio helped Clancy Starling escape from the Chesapeake City Jail by crawling under a barbed wire fence.
The inmates could get 5 years when they are sentenced.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen