Inmates found guilty of helping man escape from Chesapeake jail
Three inmates were found guilty of helping another inmate escape.
Travis Christian and Thomas Evan pleaded guilty yesterday.
The third inmate, Michael Darnell, pleaded not guilty, but a judge ruled against him.
Police say the trio helped Clancy Starling escape from the Chesapeake City Jail by crawling under a barbed wire fence.
The inmates could get 5 years when they are sentenced.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship