Inmates found guilty of helping man escape from Chesapeake jail
Three inmates were found guilty of helping another inmate escape.
Travis Christian and Thomas Evan pleaded guilty yesterday.
The third inmate, Michael Darnell, pleaded not guilty, but a judge ruled against him.
Police say the trio helped Clancy Starling escape from the Chesapeake City Jail by crawling under a barbed wire fence.
The inmates could get 5 years when they are sentenced.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students