Update: Man arrested after allegedly throwing Molotov cocktails at girlfriend’s apartment
Update: Norfolk police and the Norfolk Fire Marshal’s Office have arrested 26-year-old Christopher Eure for yesterday’s Molotov cocktail incident.
Eure was arrested and charged with 6 counts of manufacturing fire bombs and 1 count of arson. Additional charges may be pending.
Eure remains in custody in Norfolk.
Norfolk, Va. – According to police, a man has been accused of launching 4 Molotov cocktails toward his girlfriend’s apartment in Norfolk on Monday in the 7800 block of Ogden Avenue.
Crews were able to secure the area.
One of the cocktails, police say, ignited and set some bushes on fire.
The devices were recovered by Norfolk Fire and Rescue.
A robot was sent in to make sure there were no other devices in the area and to locate a backpack that contained the unknown substances.
Using the robot, crews were able to clear the backpack.
Crews are now focused on a small area as they continue to investigate.
Police are still looking for the suspect.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize