Man accused of wearing mask in Beach movie theater
“I wasn’t thinking about doing anything. I wasn’t trying to hurt nobody or nothing, I was trying to show off a mask,” says Jamar Washington.
20-year-old Jamar Washington, Jr. tells us he was with Blake Newton at Columbus Movie Twelve Monday night to watch Taken 2.
The Norfolk man says they had the masks on for less than a minute.
“I walked past the little wall the first thing. I heard the girl scream then the whole middle section hopped out and started running,” says Washington.
He claims he did not know anything about the mass shooting inside a Colorado movie theater this summer.
“I don’t watch TV or watch the news because I’m always outside looking for a job or something like this,” says Washington.
“If I was aware of the Colorado shooting, I would have never went into the movie theater [with the] mask in the first place,” says Washington.
Blake Newton denied our interview request.
Both Blake and Jamar remain in jail even though a judge granted them bond this morning.
Both are facing several charges including wearing a mask in public which is a felony.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom