Judge drops charges against man accused of killing elderly barber shop owner
A judge just dropped murder charges against a man accused of killing an elderly barber shop owner.
Dashon Iraldo has been in jail since July, charged with murder, robbery, and use of a firearm in the commission of a crime.
He was accused of killing 86-year-old Henry Macintosh back in April of 2010 in the Norfolk barber shop called Square Deal Barbers. But today at his preliminary hearing, Norfolk Commonwealth Attorneys decided to drop the charges stemming from that incident, citing insufficient evidence.
NewsChannel 3 spoke to Iraldo after his July arrest, where even then, he claimed he was innocent.
Iraldo is still in the Norfolk jail, on charges of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. His trial for that charge starts on November 13.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!