Navy working on Star Wars C-3PO type robot to fight shipyard fires
The Naval Research Laboratory along with engineers at Virginia Tech are working on a Star Wars C-3PO type robot to fight shipyard fires.
The Navy robot`s name is Autonomous Shipboard Humanoid or “ASH”
It’s a follow-up version of Virginia Tech`s Charli-One Robot which was developed by the school’s robotics and mechanisms laboratory.
ASH will be able to walk in any direction, keep its balance at sea and go through narrow passageways and up ladders.
He would also be able to throw special fire extinguishing grenades and use hoses and traditional extinguishers to fight fires.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!