Navy working on Star Wars C-3PO type robot to fight shipyard fires
The Naval Research Laboratory along with engineers at Virginia Tech are working on a Star Wars C-3PO type robot to fight shipyard fires.
The Navy robot`s name is Autonomous Shipboard Humanoid or “ASH”
It’s a follow-up version of Virginia Tech`s Charli-One Robot which was developed by the school’s robotics and mechanisms laboratory.
ASH will be able to walk in any direction, keep its balance at sea and go through narrow passageways and up ladders.
He would also be able to throw special fire extinguishing grenades and use hoses and traditional extinguishers to fight fires.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'