Former Marine pleads guilty to first-degree murder
A former Marine will spend the next 40 years in a Virginia prison after pleading guilty to first-degree murder.
Don Walker was a corporal at Cherry Point in North Carolina when he was arrested for the December 2010 murder of his girlfriend’s estranged husband in Montgomery County.
Investigators say Walker broke into 25-year-old Matthew McPeak’s Christiansburg home, turned off the power and ambushed him when he came home.
McPeak was stabbed repeatedly with a hunting knife.
McPeak’s wife, Danielle received a 40-year sentence in May.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains